For a person to be promoted to sacred orders, the following documents are required:
1. a testimonial that studies have been properly completed according to the norm of can. 1032
2. for those to be ordained to the presbyterate, a testimonial that the diaconate was received;
3. for candidates to the diaconate, a testimonial that baptism, confirmation and the ministries mentioned incan. 1035
were received; likewise, a testimonial that the declaration mentioned in can. 1036
was made, and if the one to be ordained to the permanent diaconate is a married candidate, testimonials that the marriage was celebrated and the wife consents.
The following prescripts regarding the investigation about the qualities required in the one to be ordained are to be observed:
1. there is to be a testimonial of the rector of the seminary or house of formation about the qualities required to receive the order, that is, about the sound doctrine of the candidate, his genuine piety, good morals, and aptitude to exercise the ministry, as well as, after a properly executed inquiry, about his state of physical and psychic health;
2. in order to conduct the investigation properly, the diocesan bishop or major superior can employ other means which seem useful to him according to the circumstances of time and place, such as testimonial letters, public announcements, or other sources of information.
Page generated in 0.003 seconds.