§1. An excommunicated person is forbidden:
1. to have any ministerial participation in celebrating the sacrifice of the Eucharist or any other ceremonies of worship whatsoever;
2. to celebrate the sacraments or sacramentals and to receive the sacraments;
3. to exercise any ecclesiastical offices, ministries, or functions whatsoever or to place acts of governance.
§2. If the excommunication has been imposed or declared, the offender:
1. who wishes to act against the prescript of §1, n. 1 must be prevented from doing so, or the liturgical action must be stopped unless a grave cause precludes this;
2. invalidly places acts of governance which are illicit according to the norm of §1, n. 3;
3. is forbidden to benefit from privileges previously granted;
4. cannot acquire validly a dignity, office, or other function in the Church;
5. does not appropriate the benefits of a dignity, office, any function, or pension, which the offender has in the Church.
Page generated in 0.0018 seconds.