The following functions are especially entrusted to a pastor:
1. the administration of baptism;
2. the administration of the sacrament of confirmation to those who are in danger of death, according to the norm of can. 883,
3. the administration of Viaticum and of the anointing of the sick, without prejudice to the prescript of cann. 1003, §§2 and 3
, and the imparting of the apostolic blessing;
4. the assistance at marriages and the nuptial blessing;
5. the performance of funeral rites;
6. the blessing of the baptismal font at Easter time, the leading of processions outside the church, and solemn blessings outside the church;
7. the more solemn eucharistic celebration on Sundays and holy days of obligation.
Page generated in 0.0013 seconds.