|The People of God » The Hierarchical Constitution of the Church » Particular Churches and Their Groupings » The Internal Ordering of Particular Churches » Parishes, pastors, and parochial vicars|
|The following functions are especially entrusted to a pastor:
1. the administration of baptism;
2. the administration of the sacrament of confirmation to those who are in danger of death, according to the norm of can. 883, n. 3;
3. the administration of Viaticum and of the anointing of the sick, without prejudice to the prescript of cann. 1003, §§2 and 3, and the imparting of the apostolic blessing;
4. the assistance at marriages and the nuptial blessing;
5. the performance of funeral rites;
6. the blessing of the baptismal font at Easter time, the leading of processions outside the church, and solemn blessings outside the church;
7. the more solemn eucharistic celebration on Sundays and holy days of obligation.
Page generated in 0.0025 seconds.
Website code © 2019 (MIT License). Version 2.7.2, last updated February 17, 2019. FAQ