|Canon 530.||The following functions are especially entrusted to a pastor:
1. the administration of baptism;
2. the administration of the sacrament of confirmation to those who are in danger of death, according to the norm of can. 883, n. 3;
3. the administration of Viaticum and of the anointing of the sick, without prejudice to the prescript of cann. 1003, §§2 and 3, and the imparting of the apostolic blessing;
4. the assistance at marriages and the nuptial blessing;
5. the performance of funeral rites;
6. the blessing of the baptismal font at Easter time, the leading of processions outside the church, and solemn blessings outside the church;
7. the more solemn eucharistic celebration on Sundays and holy days of obligation.
Website code © 2018 (MIT License). Version 2.6.2, last updated March 16, 2018.
Canons and cross-references scraped from jgray.org. Catechism paragraphs scraped from vatican.va.
CanonLaw.Ninja includes the changes promulgated in Omnium in Mentem, Mitis Iudex Dominus Iesus, and De Concordia inter Codices by Pope Francis and Pope Benedict, as well as the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Dignitas Connubii and General Instruction of the Roman Missal.
Donations are welcome to help offset server & domain costs: PayPal - CashMe. All inquiries to [email protected]