|The People of God » The Hierarchical Constitution of the Church » Particular Churches and Their Groupings » The Internal Ordering of Particular Churches » Vicars forane|
|§1. In addition to the faculties legitimately given to him by particular law, the vicar forane has the duty and right:
1. of promoting and coordinating common pastoral activity in the vicariate;
2. of seeing to it that the clerics of his district lead a life in keeping with their state and perform their duties diligently;
3. of seeing to it that religious functions are celebrated according to the prescripts of the sacred liturgy, that the beauty and elegance of churches and sacred furnishings are maintained carefully, especially in the eucharistic celebration and custody of the Most Blessed Sacrament, that the parochial registers are inscribed correctly and protected appropriately, that ecclesiastical goods are administered carefully, and finally that the rectory is cared for with proper diligence.
§2. In the vicariate entrusted to him, the vicar forane:
1. is to see to it that, according to the prescripts of particular law and at the times stated, the clerics attend lectures, theological meetings, or conferences according to the norm of can. 279, §2;
2. is to take care that spiritual supports are available to the presbyters of his district, and likewise to be concerned especially for those who find themselves in more difficult circumstances or are beset by problems.
§3. The vicar forane is to take care that the pastors of his district whom he knows to be gravely ill do not lack spiritual and material aids and that the funeral rites of those who have died are celebrated worthily. He is also to make provision so that, on the occasion of illness or death, the registers, documents, sacred furnishings, and other things which belong to the Church are not lost or removed.
§4. A vicar forane is obliged to visit the parishes of his district according to the determination made by the diocesan bishop.
Page generated in 0.0016 seconds.
Website code © 2019 (MIT License). Version 2.7.2, last updated February 17, 2019. FAQ