|The Teaching Function of the Church » The Ministry of the Divine Word » Catechetical instruction|
|Attentive to the norms established by the diocesan bishop, a pastor is to take care in a special way:
1. that suitable catechesis is imparted for the celebration of the sacraments;
2. that through catechetical instruction imparted for an appropriate period of time children are prepared properly for the first reception of the sacraments of penance and the Most Holy Eucharist and for the sacrament of confirmation;
3. that having received first communion, these children are enriched more fully and deeply through catechetical formation;
4. that catechetical instruction is given also to those who are physically or mentally impeded, insofar as their condition permits;
5. that the faith of youth and adults is strengthened, enlightened, and developed through various means and endeavors.
Page generated in 0.0069 seconds.
Website code © 2019 (MIT License). Version 2.7.2, last updated February 17, 2019. FAQ