§1. Except in a case of necessity, a person is not to assist without the permission of the local ordinary at:
1. a marriage of transients;
2. a marriage which cannot be recognized or celebrated according to the norm of civil law;
3. a marriage of a person who is bound by natural obligations toward another party or children arising from a previous union;
4. a marriage of a person who has notoriously rejected the Catholic faith;
5. a marriage of a person who is under a censure;
6. a marriage of a minor child when the parents are unaware or reasonably opposed;
7. a marriage to be entered into through a proxy as mentioned in can. 1105
§2. The local ordinary is not to grant permission to assist at the marriage of a person who has notoriously rejected the Catholic faith unless the norms mentioned in can. 1125
have been observed with necessary adaptation.
Page generated in 0.0016 seconds.